I recently had an issue with a Blackberry Bold device using Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). The device was provisioned and working successfully for a few months, however the user noticed that new contacts created in either Outlook or the device were being synchronised. The issue was not occurring for other users on the same BES.
To resolve this issue:
- Open Contacts
- Press the menu (blackberry) button and select ‘Options’
- type ‘RSET’ (in uppercase, without the quotes)
- You will be prompted with ‘This will erase your desktop contacts list, and reload it from your server. Continue?’, select Yes to reload.
- Your local contacts will now be erased and the device will start to synchronise with the server again. This process could take around 30 minutes.
- Test the process by creating a new contact in Outlook and checking if it comes across to the Blackberry (~5 minutes)